My Roadmap part 3


What is reality?...

after learning programming and 3d modeling, so I wanted to make 3d games with unity. I saw some tutorials that followed it. it was kinda hard to make the transaction from 2d physics to 3d physics. I made so simple stuff.

meanwhile. I was going to a competition IEEEXterme hosted in a company. and one of the participants showed us an application on his mobile. he pulled a paper from his pocket and opened a mobile application that opens the camera directly and pointed it to the paper and voila! a 3d object showed on the mobile phone. I was shocked and said "oh wow how do you do that!!", He didn't say though but later when I came back home I found it's called Augmented Reality and it's made using Unity.

So basically augmented reality is an interactive experience of a real-world environment where the objects and blah blah... watch this video better

After following some tutorials. I found a library called Vuforia and some videos explaining how to make AR apps with little code( my favorite type ).

Then started making the magic myself. I got the 2d images I needed and the models. I started with my 3D buzz light-year model made him sing his fancy line ( to infinity and beyond! ) and change poses, another model was a pistol when you click it fires, I called this app MagicD that was its link(I doubt it will work now). and Some fancy other stuff made to impress people.
Models used in MagicD

After exercising with Vuforia and it's packaging, doing some apps for friends, and whatever any idea pop in my head I just go and try it. I had some confidence now I want to use these new skills in something bigger. I'm ready! so I challenged myself and went straight to the IEEE office in my college and said I want to volunteer and make a game development session(case closed).

It was the first time in my college to add the idea of making games are possible and you can do it yourself. but wait a min. oh, I never made a presentation before. can I give a session without people looking at me? ( moments of regretting started to eat my brain) I even still remember I only had one phrase to keep saying when I wanted to introduce the game development it said " game development is based on math, physics, art, music, and programming where you integrate all these together to make a fun game ".

So after volunteering and there was an event to gather people to join our sessions. I wanted the game development to crush the other sessions. so I had the idea to apply my magic on the event flyer!. and make a special app only for this flyer event. where the titles and words appear 3D and I only had access to the flyer one day before the event so it was a bold move (leave it or take it). Started with the 3d modeling of needed objects, ended with an android app ready to go!. It did well through the event and impressed the people. I had many positive comments, luckily they didn't know the person above.


Now the final stage came the sessions...anyway, with fake confidence. I had the courage to carry on this. I got a good course from one of the popular sites and I would replicate it, that was my plan. so I started on this

Ya even the description

It was really a messy session honestly, I didn't appreciate the idea of the slides at this time I would just crack my fingers and do live code session with explanations.and if you don't know what is live code sessions is, just don't do it unless you invented the language.

Luckily people were kind, but I remember some of them had already the knowledge so they only attended the first session. I mostly befriended most of the attendees, one of them was close to me and was really smart and did every assignment I gave. he asked me to change the content of the last session to his like and I took the challenge lol! I revealed my trump card(how to make AR apps) to people in the last session, luckily I didn't mess this up and did it correctly the first time.

Game from one of the participants

In a parallel time, my passion didn't stop in game development and it went to the world of hardware and robotics. so next, I think I will explain why I hated it, To be continued...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TestYourBond scrapper with python

My Roadmap part 2